Schalke – Hoffenheim Prediction and Tips for today
Schalke – Hoffenheim Prediction and Tips for today, October 13, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 19:30 Schalke – Hoffenheim
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Schalke – Hoffenheim Prediction and PREVIEW
- Following a heavy 4-0 defeat to Leverkusen last weekend, Schalke occupy the relegation playoff place after losing three successive Bundesliga games, and media reports now claim manager Frank Kramer has only one more chance to show his worth in this crunch clash vs Hoffenheim. With ex-Bochum coach Thomas Reis rumoured as a potential successor, the writing appears to be on the wall for Kramer unless he can guide Schalke to their first win since beating Bochum more than a month ago – the game that got his potential replacement sacked!
- The Schalke boss has already lost four successive Bundesliga games before, back when he was in charge of then-relegated Bielefeld at the beginning of this year, but with the hosts losing just one of the last ten home league H2Hs (W7, D2, L1), there’s reasons for Kramer to not pack up his belongings just yet. But there’s no doubt this seventh-placed Hoffenheim side will likely be tough opponents to break down, and with only one of Schalke’s six points this season coming against a team currently sitting in the top half, the Royal Blues certainly look up against it.
- In Kramer’s favour is the fact Hoffenheim travel in faltering form, and after losing 2-1 to Bremen in the last round they’re now winless in three Bundesliga games for the first time this season (D2, L1). Having also won just one of their last nine league games against newly-promoted teams (W1, D4, L4), this clash against a Schalke side in desperate need of points could be harder than many suggest.
- But with all four of Hoffenheim’s away points this season coming against bottom-half opponents, leaving the pitch at full-time with zero points appears unlikely. Still, just five goals from four away outings (W1, D1, L2) shows the visitors are by no means prolific on the road, and will give Kramer the glimmer of hope he needs as he clings onto his job.
- Players to watch: Dominick Drexler assisted both goals in Schalke’s last home league game, and whilst he’s lost all four of his personal H2Hs, Hoffenheim are one of just six clubs he’s scored against in the Bundesliga. Hoffenheim’s last away league goal was scored by Andrej Kramarić. He has netted three Bundesliga goals this season, and has nine goal involvements across 11 personal H2Hs (G6, A3).
- Hot stat: Schalke’s home league games have witnessed a league-high five goals on average, whilst all four also saw both teams score.