Leicester – Crystal Palace Prediction and Tips for today
Leicester – Crystal Palace Prediction and Tips for today, October 15, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 15
Kick-off: 12:30 Luton – QPR
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Leicester – Crystal Palace Prediction and PREVIEW
- Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers criticised his team for getting “too comfortable” during their 2-1 Premier League (PL) defeat to Bournemouth. Nobody at the club will be happy following what was their 250th PL defeat, or delighted with their current position at the bottom of the standings (W1, D1, L7), especially as they’ve dropped a league-high 14 points from winning positions this term.
- With Foxes fans now calling for Rodgers to resign for the good of the club’s future, he badly needs a repeat of their recent 4-0 home win against Nottingham Forest. Since beating Crystal Palace 2-1 here in April though, Leicester have won just three home league games (D2, L3), so he’s under pressure to continue a three-match home H2H winning streak – all featuring exactly three goals!
- If Leicester are guilty of throwing away good positions, that’s an accusation also levelled at Palace – with some justification as they’re yet to win a PL game after scoring first this season (D2, L2). At least they came from behind to beat Leeds United 2-1 last time out, a result boss Patrick Vieira said they needed after he felt they hadn’t got what they deserved from previous games.
- But winning here for the first time since February 2019 could be a huge challenge for the stuttering Eagles, who are currently winless in five PL road games (D3, L2). Frustratingly, they took the lead in three of those games, including at both Liverpool and Manchester City, only to let those winning positions slip, finding themselves firmly in the bottom half as a result.
- Players to watch: James Maddison has scored three of Leicester’s last five goals at home, twice opening the scoring across their last three games here. Meanwhile Palace’s matchwinner against Leeds, Eberechi Eze, has now scored his last four PL goals after the 55th minute.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in 78% (seven) of Leicester’s PL games this term.