Inter – Salernitana Prediction and Tips for today
Inter – Salernitana Prediction and Tips for today, October 16, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 11:30 Inter – Salernitana
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Inter – Salernitana Prediction and PREVIEW
- A thrilling 3-3 draw at Barcelona in midweek may have given Inter Milan a foot in the Champions League knockouts, but they’ll have to refocus on their league form when Salernitana visit. Despite beating Sassuolo 2-1 last weekend, last season’s runners up currently find themselves eight points off the pace in Serie A (SA) after an indifferent start (W5, L4), and will now look to notch consecutive league wins for the first time since matchday two in order to avoid losing further ground in the race for the Scudetto.
- Inter lost their last home league game 2-1 against Roma, but with three wins prior, the Nerazzurri have used the San Siro to their advantage this campaign. Inter may feel confident in getting back to winning ways against Salernitana then, especially as they’ve won their last two SA H2Hs by a 5-0 scoreline, and could now become the first team to defeat a single opponent in three consecutive top-flight matches by a 5+ goal margin.
- Inter might smell blood too, after Salernitana lost by that very scoreline on their last away trip in a dreadful defeat to Sassuolo. Struggling on their travels, the visitors are yet to win on the road this league campaign (D3, L1) but they’ve shown determination in securing two of those three draws against current top-ten sides, raising hopes of a positive result against the Milan juggernauts.
- Salernitana boss Davide Nicola was reportedly facing the sack last weekend, but a last-gasp 2-1 victory over Verona – which halted a five-game winless SA run (D3, L2) – appears to have given him breathing space. His side haven’t posted consecutive wins this season however, and they’re perhaps likely to miss out once again, as to do so Salernitana would need to win a league game at the San Siro for the first time ever!
- Players to watch: Nicolò Barella scored Inter’s opener at Barcelona, though four of his last five SA goal contributions (G1, A3) have arrived at home. Meanwhile, Salernitana will hope for more Boulaye Dia magic after he scored the winner against Verona, with the visitors undefeated this league campaign (W2, D2) when he’s contributed (G4, A2).
- Hot stat: Inter and Salernitana have both conceded four goals each beyond the 80th minute this league campaign.