Sampdoria – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today
Sampdoria – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today, October 17, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 17:30 Sampdoria – AS Roma
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Sampdoria – AS Roma Prediction and PREVIEW
- Sampdoria’s newly-appointed coach Dejan Stanković began his first managerial stint in Serie A (SA) with a respectable 1-1 draw at Bologna, which halted his side’s dreadful run of four consecutive defeats. However, the Blucerchiati still remain bottom of the table (D3, L6) after failing to pick up a single victory in their opening nine top-flight matches for the first time since 1972/73.
- Sampdoria eventually escaped relegation back then, and Stanković will be eager to secure a first win of the season quickly in order to repeat that feat. However he might have wished for a better opponent than Roma in his first home match as Sampdoria coach, as they’ve won just one of the last eight H2Hs (D2, L5), while his side’s struggles on home turf are displayed by a failure to score in three of their five SA home outings this term (D2, L3).
- After enduring some sketchy September league form (W1, L2), consecutive 2-1 SA victories has put Roma back on track and they now sit just four points off the top after nine matches played. However, the loss of Paulo Dybala, who injured himself while converting a winning penalty against Lecce in their last SA outing, has likely spoiled the mood in the Eternal City.
- Manager José Mourinho responded by starting the offensive duo of Tammy Abraham and Andrea Belotti for the first time this season in a UEFA Europa League tie against Real Betis on Thursday, with the Italians capturing a potentially crucial point after a 1-1 draw. Mourinho will perhaps be expecting more goals from his attackers here however, as his side look to make it four consecutive unbeaten away outings (W2, D1) for the first time since April.
- Players to watch: Sampdoria’s Filip Djuričić scored his second SA goal of the season last time out and has four goal contributions across his last four H2Hs (G2, A2). Roma have a hitman of their own in this fixture, with Belotti having scored nine goals in his 15 career matches against Sampdoria, including two braces at this venue.
- Hot streak: Each of Roma’s last 11 SA away matches have seen the opener scored no later than the 33rd minute.