Cadiz CF – Betis Prediction and Tips for today
Cadiz CF – Betis Prediction and Tips for today, October 19, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 18:00 Cadiz CF – Betis
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Cadiz CF – Betis Prediction and PREVIEW
- Cádiz occupy the bottom three ahead of this La Liga (LL) round, but a four-game unbeaten run (W1, D3) has put them within reach of an escape. They still sit on just a solitary win this season after conceding an injury-time penalty to newcomers Girona in a 1-1 draw at the weekend, and also remain without a success at home to a top-half finisher of last season since March.
- That win in question came against Real Betis’ fellow European participants Villarreal, and forms part of a trend, where Cádiz’s only three home wins of 2022 have come exclusively from second-half strikes after a goalless interval. This strongly implies Cádiz will take a while to get going if the fans are to leave the Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla smiling.
- Sadly for the hosts, Betis are exactly the kind of team that can punish early profligacy, as shown in Sunday’s comfortable HT/FT victory, by a 3-1 scoreline over Almería. Manuel Pellegrini’s men also hold the added bonus of being distraction-free, having secured safe passage from their Europa League group after holding Roma to a 1-1 draw prior.
- However, two successive LL blanks on the road provide something of a reality check, as does the fact that a brace of penalties still accounts for the Verdiblancos’ sole away league win of 2022/23. But a trip to Cádiz could well provide a tonic, with Betis winning their last three away H2Hs against them, the last two coming after a goalless first half.
- Players to watch: Lucas Pérez snatched a point in Cádiz’s most recent home game, for a third goal amongst his last four to close the scoring. As for the visitors, Borja Iglesias registered a goal and assist in Betis’ weekend win over Almería, and scored the decider from the spot in last season’s victory at Cádiz.
- Hot stat: Preparing to face a side with the league’s oldest player (Joaquín Sánchez, 41), Cádiz have conceded to an opponent aged 32+ in four of their last six matches!