Excelsior – AZ Alkmaar Prediction and Tips for today
Excelsior – AZ Alkmaar Prediction and Tips for today, October 23, 2022
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 11
Kick-off: 11:15 Excelsior – AZ Alkmaar
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 2:1 LOST
Excelsior – AZ Alkmaar Prediction and PREVIEW
- After the 7-1 thrashing inflicted on Excelsior by Ajax in the previous round of the Eredivisie, the Rotterdammers managed to rack up a huge score of their own this week. In their KNVB Cup game against MVV Maastricht, the Kralingers won 5-1, which should have restored some confidence.
- Excelsior started the new Eredivisie season convincingly with two wins in the first two games, but suffered frequent defeats in their more recent outings (W1, D1, L6). The first game of the season (0-2 against SC Cambuur) was also the only game in which Excelsior managed to keep a clean sheet. Their last meeting with upcoming opponent AZ Alkmaar, however, resulted in a 4-2 victory.
- AZ had strung together 15 competitive games without defeat (W13, D2) prior to two losses in four days against Feyenoord and Cypriot club Apollon Limassol. Despite a large contingent of Alkmaar forwards being injured, the club retain the lead in their UEFA Conference League group and remain within touch of the top of the Eredivisie.
- It may be stretching it a bit far to classify Excelsior as an archrival of AZ’s, but it has been a game that has not often yielded three points for AZ. Only twice in the last nine times that AZ has travelled to Kralingen did they return with a victory (D4, L3).
- Players to watch: Reda Kharchouch accounted for two goals and an assist in the KNVB Cup game against Dordrecht and is Excelsior’s top scorer across all competitions. For AZ, Jens Odgaard scored in five of his last six Eredivisie games.
- Hot stat: AZ won seven of its last eight away games across all competitions.