Bristol City – Swansea Prediction and Tips for today
Bristol City – Swansea Prediction and Tips for today, October 29, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 18
Kick-off: 12:00 Bristol City – Swansea
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Bristol City – Swansea Prediction and PREVIEW
- Despite rubbing shoulders with the Championship’s big hitters not too long ago, Bristol City now find themselves a similar distance from both the top six and the relegation zone in terms of points earned. Six defeats from their last nine league games (W2, D1) is undoubtedly behind that fall from grace, though that perhaps doesn’t tell the full story as five of those six defeats were against sides who currently sit in the top-eight ahead of the weekend round.
- Another of those top-eight sides now await in the form of Swansea City, and one could imagine manager Nigel Pearson shaking his fist in the direction of the fixture computer for his side’s tricky run. The prospects look bright of at least avoiding another defeat, as despite losing the last two league H2Hs against the Swans, Bristol City have never lost three successive clashes against their Welsh counterparts.
- High on a 2-0 South Wales derby victory against Cardiff City, Swansea should make their shortest trip across the border in high spirits. Six wins from their last seven Championship outings (L1) have rocketed Swansea into the promotion picture, but with just two wins from their last 13 away H2Hs (D4, L7), it remains to be seen whether that run can continue here.
- In fact, after winning the last H2H at Ashton Gate 1-0 last season, Swansea now have the opportunity to claim victory in back-to-back away H2Hs for the first time ever. If Swansea are to secure that little piece of history then you can perhaps expect another late-late show given their last three winning goals in away league games all came beyond the 85th minute!
- Players to watch: A Nahki Wells goal may be a good omen for Bristol City, as he has scored in two personal H2Hs against Swansea (W1, D1), losing the other six he failed to net in! Meanwhile, Michael Obafemi has stepped up in the absence of the suspended Joël Piroe and the Irishman has scored the second goal of the game in four of his last five scoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Bristol City have scored exactly twice in five of their eight home league games this season.