Real Madrid – Celtic Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Real Madrid – Celtic Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 2, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 18:45 Real Madrid – Celtic
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Real Madrid – Celtic Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- Real Madrid had already qualified for the UEFA Champions League (UCL) last 16 before losing 3-2 to RB Leipzig last week, but they will still want to finish strongly to top the group and claim a seeded knockout draw. Seeking to avoid going three matches without a win for the first time since October 2021 following Sunday’s 1-1 La Liga draw with Girona, their record against Scottish clubs (W5, D1, L2) and beating Celtic 3-0 in September suggests defeat would be an enormous shock.
- It would also be unexpected given Madrid’s outstanding home record this term (W6, D2) and given they’ve lost only one of their last seven UCL home games (W6). They scored at least twice in each of those fixtures so Celtic can expect a busy evening at the Bernabéu, where Madrid overturned a 2-0 first-leg deficit against the Scots to win a European Cup quarter-final second leg 3-0 back in 1980!
- Times have changed since Celtic regularly rubbed shoulders with Europe’s elite in the latter stages of continental competitions and this will be their final UEFA game this term as they’re already guaranteed to finish fourth in the group (D2, L3). They travel in decent form though (W4, D1), netting at least three times in each of those four wins as they sit on top of the Scottish Premiership.
- But they’ve won just one of their last 14 UCL away group games (D3, L10), highlighting their struggles on foreign soil at this level. Conceding 13 times during their last two visits to Spain, playing Madrid’s rivals Barcelona, also gives them reason to be wary as they touch down in the capital.
- Players to watch: Federico Valverde returned from injury against Girona to set up Madrid’s goal, his tenth goal contribution this term (G7, A3) including an assist against Celtic in September. Celtic’s Greg Taylor has scored between the 50th and 80th minute in each of their last two away games.
- Hot stat: It’s now seven matches since Celtic trailed at half-time (HT: W5, D2).