FC Koln – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
FC Koln – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 9, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 14
Kick-off: 18:30 FC Koln – Bayer Leverkusen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
FC Koln – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- With this their last home game until January, Steffen Baumgart will hope that his Cologne side can bounce back from a 2-0 defeat at Freiburg last time out to send the home faithful away for the World Cup break happy. An early elimination from Europe wasn’t ideal, but it may be the added miles and pressures of that participation that has contributed to Cologne ending the last three rounds (D1, L2) outside of the top-half for the first time this season .
- The Billy Goats have suffered just one home league defeat this term (W3, D2), so a return to familiar surroundings could help them get back to winning ways. Perhaps inspiring more confidence amongst Baumgart’s men is the fact that they’ve lost just one of the last five home H2Hs with Bayer Leverkusen (W2, D2), yet Baumgart himself has only won one of his five personal encounters (D1, L3)
- Xabi Alonso’s Leverkusen produced probably the most shocking result of the weekend as they ended a six-game competitive winless run (D3, L3) with a 5-0 victory to knock then-surprise leaders Union Berlin off their perch. That was Alonso’s biggest ever victory as a first-team manager and it seems his aim of instilling “that mentality to attack and score goals” could be bearing fruit as both of his Leverkusen victories have come ‘to nil’ and by 4+ goal margins.
- Even with that victory, this remains one of Leverkusen’s worst ever starts to a Bundesliga campaign with just a one-point cushion to the bottom-three. Next on Alonso’s agenda has to be to improve their torrid travelling league form (W1, D1, L4), and whilst they’re favoured by the bookmakers for this match, Leverkusen have the lowest Bundesliga win rate when starting as favourites at least twice this season (14% – W1, D3, L3).
- Players to watch: Denis Huseinbašić is enjoying a breakout season at Cologne and has already made five goal contributions, including three across his last three home appearances (G2, A1). Former Sparta Prague starlet Adam Hložek has come into his own in recent games for Leverkusen, scoring and assisting last time out to make it four goal contributions from his last five games.
- Hot stat: Cologne have conceded at least twice in five of their last six Bundesliga matches.