Verona – Juventus Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Verona – Juventus Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 10, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 14
Kick-off: 18:30 Verona – Juventus
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Verona – Juventus Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- On the back of eight successive Serie A (SA) losses for the first time in their history, Hellas Verona find themselves propping up the table after 13 rounds (W1, D2, L10). There appears little let-up in sight before the World Cup break as 36-time Italian top-flight winners Juventus roll into town. To the shock of many, Verona have actually won three of their last five SA home H2Hs against Juve (D1, L1), perhaps leaving them cautiously optimistic of ending their losing run.
- It really is hard to find much encouragement for Verona in recent weeks, but they can perhaps take heart from the fact their sole win this season came on home turf with a 2-1 result against Sampdoria. They’ve been on the receiving end of a 2-1 scoreline in four of their last six games though so it’s perhaps no surprise to learn they are one of just two sides going into this round without a SA clean sheet in 2022/23.
- While Juventus’ season perhaps hasn’t been as disastrous as Verona’s, sitting ten points behind leaders Napoli after 13 rounds is poor nonetheless. An embarrassing three-point haul in the UEFA Champions League certainly hasn’t helped matters, and having transferred into the Europa League, Juventus now face the prospect of a heavy Thursday-Sunday schedule in the new year.
- They will get a taste of what is to come this week as this game falls on a Thursday, a day that hasn’t been fruitful for Juventus in SA, who have won just one of their last seven games on that day (D2, L4). On the back of four successive SA victories ‘to nil’, maybe now is the time to improve that record and in turn secure a fifth straight league win for the first time since 2020.
- Players to watch: Verona’s Martin Hongla is becoming well known in the referee’s notebook, collecting yellow cards in two of his last three appearances, and is one away from a suspension. Juventus’ Arkadiusz Milik mirrors that record across his last three games too, but will hope to make the headlines on the scoresheet with four goals in three SA H2Hs against Verona.
- Hot stat: Ahead of this SA round, no side had conceded more second-half SA goals than Verona (16).