Match Preview: B. Monchengladbach – Dortmund Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
B. Monchengladbach – Dortmund Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
B. Monchengladbach – Dortmund Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 11, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 15
Kick-off: 20:30 B. Monchengladbach – Dortmund
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:2 WON!!!
B. Monchengladbach – Dortmund Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- Borussia Mönchengladbach endured a terrible start away at relegation-threatened Bochum last time out, trailing 2-0 after 12 minutes. Despite pulling one back in the second half, it wasn’t enough to stop them extending a miserable run to just one win from their last five Bundesliga outings (D1, L3) with manager Daniel Farke describing his team as “lazy” and requiring “a different mindset” ahead of Borussia Dortmund’s visit.
- The sole win in that run did come on Gladbach’s own turf where they’ve been strong recently, having won three of their last four outings at Borussia-Park (L1). Four of their five total home wins this league season witnessed them strike first, something that could be crucial if they’re to win a third-successive home Bundesliga H2H against BVB for the first time since 1970/71!
- Dortmund also started poorly in their last outing, conceding first after six minutes in a match they eventually lost 2-0 at Wolfsburg. That was their first defeat after three consecutive league wins and coach Edin Terzić admitted that his side “can’t complain”, though he’s sure to be unimpressed with BVB slipping further away from league-leaders Bayern amid his side’s joint-worst points total after 14 games since 2017/18.
- To make matters worse, Dortmund have lost four of their last five league away games (W1), destroying any good form they’ve built up at home. In fact, the last time Dortmund had more than their current four away losses after seven games was in 2014/15, a season that saw them finish in their lowest position in the last decade (7th), so Terzić will be extremely keen for a BVB bounceback here.
- Players to watch: Alassane Pléa scored his second league goal for Gladbach this season last time out, but now he meets the team he’s lost against the most in the Bundesliga (W1, L6). Dortmund’s last away league goal was scored by Jude Bellingham, though the hosts are just one of five Bundesliga teams that he doesn’t hold a positive record against (W2, L2).
- Hot stat: Five of Dortmund’s last six away league games saw the eventual winner score first.