Atalanta – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Atalanta – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 13, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 15
Kick-off: 12:30 Atalanta – Inter
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
Atalanta – Inter Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini made nine changes in a 2-1 Serie A (SA) loss at Lecce on Wednesday but insisted that “didn’t decide the result” with all three goals arriving within a blitzing 15-minute period in the first half. That marked a third defeat across four league games (W1) which has dragged them out of the SA top-four, and another mishap here could see Atalanta drop to as low as eighth before the World Cup break.
- The recent downturn in form includes consecutive home defeats, which puts Atalanta in danger of losing three home league matches in a row for the first time in 25 years. The arrival of Inter Milan may give them genuine hope of avoiding that fate, as Atalanta have lost just once in their last seven SA home H2Hs (W2, D4).
- The visitors are arriving off a resounding 6-1 win over Bologna on Wednesday with three goals in both halves propelling them into the top-four. The in-form Nerazzurri have won five of their last six league games but will need to be wary here, as a defeat could still see them tumble down the table with manager Simone Inzaghi stating “we know what the consequences of a loss would be.”
- Inter may be concerned about their form against direct top-four rivals having suffered four losses across their last six away league games (W2) against such opposition. The visitors conceded 11 cumulative goals over those four defeats and with only Bologna letting in more away goals than Inter this campaign, their defensive fragility threatens to halt any title charge.
- Key battle: Atalanta defender Merih Demiral has a personal record to protect having never lost to Inter in five prior matches (W2, D3). Halting Lautaro Martínez could be his main aim with the Inter forward scoring the match opener in three of his previous six games against Atalanta (W2, D4).
- Hot stat: Atalanta have scored the league opener in a joint-league high 11 matches but none within the first 15 minutes.