Switzerland – Cameroon Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today WORLD CUP – Switzerland – Cameroon Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 24, 2022.
Football: WORLD CUP – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 11:00 Switzerland – Cameroon
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview Switzerland – Cameroon Prediction
- Switzerland will contest their fifth consecutive FIFA World Cup in Qatar, kicking things off with a first-ever meeting with Cameroon. Murat Yakin’s Swiss side sailed through qualifying without losing a single game, securing safe passage to the finals ahead of European champions Italy, which is a clear sign of their credentials particularly as they conceded just two goals in the process, which was the joint-fewest in the European section of World Cup qualification.
- The Red Crosses were also in quality form during the latest international break, winning each of their last three UEFA Nations League matches. Despite falling to defeat in a warm-up clash against Ghana last week, the Swiss are bound to be confident after progressing from the groups in their last two World Cup appearances, as well as beating France en route to the quarter-finals of UEFA Euro 2020.
- Cameroon will provide stern opposition in a tough-looking Group G however, as they attempt to qualify for their first knockout stages since 1990. The Indomitable Lions came through a nail-biting playoff with Algeria to secure their place at the finals, but having been held to disappointing draws against Panama and Jamaica in pre-tournament warm-up matches, they may not be in the best of form ahead of their opening fixture.
- Manager Rigobert Song, who appeared in four World Cups as a player for Cameroon, will be aiming to oversee his country’s first win at the competition since 2002. Having lost their last seven World Cup matches, just two short of Mexico’s all-time record of nine consecutive defeats, Cameroon will want to avoid further disappointment and make a positive start in Qatar.
- Players to watch: Playing in his third World Cup, Granit Xhaka will lead Switzerland after enjoying a stellar start to the season with Arsenal where he’s also displayed his attacking threat by netting four goals. Vincent Aboubakar will be donning his country’s armband, and he netted eight times as Cameroon finished third at the last Africa Cup of Nations.
- Hot stat: Switzerland won their only previous meeting with African opposition at the World Cup – a 2-0 success over Togo in 2006.
- World Cup trivia: Rigobert Song, now the Cameroon manager, was named in the 1994 playing squad at the age of 17 alongside the 42-year-old Roger Milla, the largest age gap between teammates in a World Cup squad.