Ecuador – Senegal Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today WORLD CUP – Ecuador – Senegal Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 29, 2022.
Football: WORLD CUP – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 16:00 Ecuador – Senegal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview Ecuador – Senegal Prediction
- Ecuador and Senegal meet at the 45,000-capacity Khalifa International Stadium in Doha in a blockbuster winner takes it all contest to see who progresses to the Round of 16 for another game at this stadium, with either side still in with a shot of topping Group A. That said, Ecuador seemingly hold the aces in this one, as they require only a draw, or a third clean sheet in four World Cup tournament games to proceed to the knockout phase.
- After becoming the first side in 52 years to shut out a host side on matchday one of any World Cup (2-0 vs Qatar), Ecuador continued to make the headlines by grabbing a point against three-time runners up and popular outright picks Netherlands in a 1-1 draw here on matchday two. Enner Valencia’s leveller against the Dutch put his nation on the brink of a second group stage progression in just their fourth-ever appearance at the finals after debuting in 2002.
- Following their 3-1 win over Qatar, Senegal now stand as the only African team ever to help eliminate a World Cup host. However, they realistically must win again to add to a perfect record from H2Hs against Ecuador (W2) or their own 2002 debut will remain the nation’s only prior group stage survival. Infamously, that feat itself was just narrowly achieved by a draw that saw Senegal blow a 3-0 half-time lead to another South American side (Uruguay), when current coach Aliou Cissé was the starting XI’s captain!
- Perhaps those psychological scars might see Cissé feel inclined to go defensive if Senegal lead at any point. Yet, more recent history might also spook the Lions of Teranga too, as they dropped points after scoring the opener in their only prior clash against the worst-ranked non-host in a World Cup group, drawing 2-2 vs Japan in 2018. Any repeat would see Senegal requiring a minimum two-goal shock victory for eliminated Qatar over the Netherlands in Group A’s other finale.
- Key battle: Ecuador defender Angelo Preciado has an assist at Qatar 2022 so far, but his primary task here is to stop Boulaye Dia. Just six years after failing a trial with Welsh side Airbus UK, the Serie A loanee opened the scoring in Senegal’s win over Qatar, en-route to their maiden multi-goal margin victory in the World Cup proper.
- Hot stat: Senegal have conceded beyond the 70th minute in each of their last six World Cup group stage games.
- World Cup trivia: The word ‘Teranga’ in Senegal’s nickname is of Wolof ethnic origin and means hospitality or welcoming generosity.