Sunderland – Millwall Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP – Sunderland – Millwall Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 3, 2022.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9
Kick-off: 13:30 Sunderland – Millwall
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Match Preview Sunderland – Millwall Prediction
- The World Cup break means Sunderland haven’t played competitively since beating Birmingham 2-1 last month, but defender Aji Alese believes they’ve benefitted from the interval. The Black Cats defender stated that this period “gave an opportunity for some of us to get back to fitness” as he made his own return from a six-week injury lay off in 1-0 victory over Al-Shabab, as part of a warm weather training camp in Dubai.
- He’s now hoping to line-up against Millwall, who visit the Stadium of Light in a rearranged game following the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Despite sitting just four points above the dropzone coming into this fixture, Sunderland know a win here will lift them into the top half of the Championship table, although they’ve picked up only two victories in nine home league matches this season (D4, L3) so they’ll hope the reset button has been firmly pressed.
- The Lions have also used the last three weeks as a chance to get some of their injured players back up to speed, with defender Shaun Hutchinson managing 45 minutes in a 1-1 friendly draw against Danish outfit Brøndby IF. That game barely whetted the appetite for manager Gary Rowett though, who admits he just wants to “get to Sunderland” after so long without a competitive match.
- It’s no surprise that Millwall are eager to restart their Championship campaign, given they had lost just one of their previous nine league contests before the interval (W5, D3) with their latest victory, a 4-2 win at Preston, pushing them into sixth place in the table. They must surely improve their away form if they are going to be promoted back to the top flight for the first time since 1990 though, as that victory at Deepdale was just their second on the road in all competitions this season (D3, L6).
- Key battle: Sunderland defender Danny Batth has picked up his joint-most career yellow cards against Millwall, being cautioned four times and winning just once in ten meetings (D5, L4). He will attempt to thwart Zian Flemming, who has netted half of the Lions’ ten away goals this season, while his five goalscoring appearances (home or away) have each seen him hit the first or last goal of the match.
- Hot stat: Millwall have scored first in only two of their last 14 competitive away fixtures, which resulted in their only two victories on the road during that period (D5, L7).