France – Poland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today WORLD CUP – France – Poland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 4, 2022.
Football: WORLD CUP – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Kick-off: 16:00 France – Poland
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Match Preview France – Poland Prediction
- A 1-0 loss to Tunisia in their closing Group D game wasn’t enough to knock France off top spot, as coach Didier Deschamps was afforded the chance to rotate his side ahead of this Round of 16 clash. His nine changes to the starting XI certainly didn’t pay off in a tactical sense after his side slumped to that shock defeat, but he’ll hope his returning faces have fresh legs ahead of what will only be France’s second-ever meeting with Poland at a major tournament.
- Revenge may be on the mind for Les Bleus after losing the only game prior on penalties in the third place play-off at the 1982 World Cup, and having made it beyond the last-16 in three of their last four World Cup campaigns, the defending champions should feel confident of gaining some retribution. That hinges on France showcasing a strong jaw though, as it remains to be seen how what is still an injury-ravaged squad bounce back from their first major tournament defeat since Euro 2016 (W9, D4 since).
- Despite a lacklustre display in their closing group game against Argentina, Poland’s 2-0 defeat still saw them through to the last 16 given Mexico failed to beat Saudi Arabia by a wide enough margin. Poland’s passive approach might have worked that time, although coach Czeslaw Michniewicz admitted ‘his heart stopped’ at one point during the game, but another blunt performance against France would likely see them make the trip home. This tournament may be seen as a win regardless, with the Eagles making it out of a World Cup group for the first time since 1986.
- The first goal may play a key role in deciding whether Poland’s run continues, as none of their last five World Cup games witnessed both teams score (W2, D1, L2). The Eagles might need to shape up better than they did against Argentina if they want to draw first blood here however, with Poland failing to muster a single shot on target in that limp defeat.
- Key battle: Hoping to add to his three-goal haul in this World Cup so far, France’s Kylian Mbappé is only the second player to have scored seven career World Cup goals before the age of 24, alongside Pelé. He’ll face Poland’s in-form Wojciech Szczęsny however, who despite losing out to Argentina, became only the second goalkeeper since 1966 to save a World Cup penalty he gave away – his second saved spot-kick of the tournament!
- Hot stat: Poland have failed to score in five of their last seven games against France.
- World Cup trivia: France coach Didier Deschamps is one of just three people to win the World Cup as a player and manager alongside Brazil’s Mario Zagallo and Germany’s Franz Beckenbauer.