Match Preview: Watford – Millwall Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
Watford – Millwall Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Watford – Millwall Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 26, 2022.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 24
Kick-off: Watford – Millwall
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Match Preview Watford – Millwall Prediction
- A second-half double from João Pedro helped Watford defeat bottom-placed Huddersfield last weekend, lifting Slaven Bilić’s side to fourth. It extended their impressive form to just one defeat across their last eight league matches (W5, D2, L1) separated by the World Cup break and another win in this Boxing Day fixture could, at least temporarily, lift them to third.
- The Hornets could see Millwall as a Christmas gift, having not lost a home H2H since March 2006 (W5, D1 hence). That sequence saw four clean sheets for Watford who have also kept three shutouts across their last four home Championship games, so it could once again be a case of their defensive resilience seeing them through here.
- A frozen pitch at Luton put paid to Millwall’s fixture last weekend and kept them in the midst of a logjam of clubs separated by just three points. A win here would maintain the Lions’ fight for a play-off place whilst also securing back-to-back H2H victories for the first time since January 2002, after a 3-0 win over Watford in October was orchestrated by Tom Bradshaw’s first-half hat-trick.
- Victory won’t come easy, at least on paper, as Millwall have been the second-worst travelling side of this Championship campaign after picking up just two wins (D3, L6). If they want something here, improvement on their scoring form looks a must with the Lions having failed to score in three of their last four away games, especially as they’ve kept just one clean sheet in their last 16 league away trips.
- Key battle: Ismaïla Sarr scored Watford’s winner when these sides last met at Vicarage Road and has seen four of his last five league goals come in wins. He’ll want to strike another past Millwall ‘keeper George Long, who kept a clean sheet in the reverse fixture but has conceded five away league goals from the last nine shots he’s faced on target.
- Hot stat: Millwall have conceded a league-low one goal beyond the 80th minute this season.