AC Ajaccio – Angers Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LIGUE 1: AC Ajaccio – Angers Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 28, 2022.
Football: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 16
Kick-off: 15:00 AC Ajaccio – Angers
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview AC Ajaccio – Angers Prediction
- Ligue 1 action returns to Corsica as AC Ajaccio look to pick up where they left off after scoring six times in their final two games before the break (W1, D1). That wasn’t quite enough to spend Christmas outside of the relegation zone but having kept a rare clean sheet in a preparation game against St Etienne over the break, hopes of a positive start may be high.
- A relegation battle was expected this term after achieving promotion in 2021/22 under Ligue 1’s longest serving manager Olivier Pantaloni. After over eight years and almost 500 games at the helm, even Pantaloni may have been shocked after his side tripled their home league goals total in one game with a 4-2 win over Strasbourg last month, a result they really need to follow up on against rock-bottom Angers.
- Unlike their hosts, there were no positives for Angers to take into the break as a 1-0 defeat to Lille equalled the club’s all-time longest top-flight losing streak (L7) and unsurprisingly spelled the end for boss Gérald Baticle. At least 14 points worse off at this stage than in any of their prior three seasons in Ligue 1, interim boss Abdel Bouhazama has his work cut out from the start, not least because he will be without Moroccan World Cup stars Sofiane Boufal and Azzedine Ounahi.
- It’s difficult to make a case for Angers success following a desperate run of just three wins across their last 26 away league games (D10, L13). They can at least take some heart from their positive record across the last five away H2Hs (W1, D3, L1), yet it has been over a decade since their last victory here.
- Players to watch: Youcef Belaïli was key to Ajaccio’s mini-revival ahead of the break, contributing to five of their six goals across their last two games (G3, A2). Angers may look to Adrien Hunou amid the absence of their Moroccan stars, although three of his four goal contributing appearances ended in defeat!
- Hot stat: Ajaccio are the only Ligue 1 side yet to pick up a single point as pre-match favourites this season (L2).