Girona – Rayo Vallecano Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LIGUE 1: Girona – Rayo Vallecano Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 29, 2022.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 15
Kick-off: 17:00 Girona – Rayo Vallecano
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Match Preview Girona – Rayo Vallecano Prediction
- After a seven-week pause, La Liga (LL) football returns with Girona hosting Rayo Vallecano. The break was possibly poorly-timed for the hosts, who were on a four-game unbeaten streak (W2, D2) in the Spanish top-flight for the first time since December 2018, though the newly-promoted side will likely be happy with their five-point cushion to the drop zone ahead of this round.
- Their unbeaten run was bookended by a 2-1 victory over basement boys Elche which led to Girona manager Míchel speaking of “good sensations” before the World Cup break. Opta’s supercomputers now give them only a 25.6% chance of relegation ahead of this tie, but with Girona winless in their last three attempts at home against these opponents (D1, L2), they’ll need to be on their game to avoid those odds increasing!
- Their visitors might pounce on any carelessness as they are in a similarly rich vein of form, with their six game unbeaten LL streak (W3, D3) Rayo’s best since 2016! In fact, they’ve lost fewer games after 14 rounds than in any top flight season since 2000/01 which was also the first and only time they’ve qualified for UEFA competition!
- Sitting just two points off the top six before round 15 has allowed fans to begin to dream, though Rayo manager Andoni Iraola stated that his squad lacked “freshness” in their goalless stalemate to Celta Vigo in their last league outing. The boss may hope that the break leads to a more sprightly start amid some timid travelling form, as five of his side’s last six LL away goals have arrived after the 60th minute (W1, D1, L3).
- Players to watch: David López is in hot form at the Montilivi Stadium, after scoring in consecutive home league outings – both were Girona’s openers on the day. Rayo’s Radamel Falcao may be on hand to respond, as the Colombian has netted twice in his last three LL away appearances, both arriving in the 80th minute or later.
- Hot streak: Each of Girona’s last 11 league games have seen both sides score!