Match Preview: Getafe – Mallorca Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Getafe – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LIGUE 1: Getafe – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 30, 2022.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 15
Kick-off: 17:00 Getafe – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Match Preview Getafe – Mallorca Prediction
- After a seven-week pause, Getafe will welcome Mallorca in their return to league action. The hosts sit just three points above the drop zone ahead of the La Liga (LL) restart thanks to a torrid run of one win from their last eight league outings (D4, L3), which was bookended by a 1-0 defeat to Almería that their manager Quique described as “uncomfortable”.
- It has been an uneasy campaign so far for the hosts, with Getafe’s three league wins after 14 games (D5, L6) the second-fewest they have managed this century, better only than the two they recorded last season when they finished just one point above the dropzone! To compound matters further, only Elche and Sevilla have managed fewer LL home victories so far, but Getafe could feel confident of beginning their recovery here after winning three of their last four meetings with Mallorca across all venues (D1).
- In fact, the Pirates haven’t conquered Getafe in any competitive fixture since 2012 (D3, L5), though they are arriving here boosted by their current 11th placed position, their best at this stage of a LL campaign since 2010/11. Mallorca boss Javier Aguirre is certainly in fine spirits, illustrating it by gleefully shouting expletives after his side’s 1-0 victory over Atlético Madrid in the last round which sparked wild dressing room celebrations.
- The World Cup break came at an unwelcome time for a side who had won three of their four LL games (W3, D1) prior. The ill-timing extends to Mallorca’s notable absentees, with the dependable duo of Martin Valjent and Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta both out, so all hands will have to be on deck if they’re to string together three consecutive LL away wins for the first time since 2008!
- Key battle: Getafe goalkeeper David Soria will be hoping to secure consecutive LL home shutouts for the first time this season, but he might have plenty to do against Mallorca’s Vedat Muriqi, who has registered goals in each of his last five league outings – each of them his side’s opening goal.
- Hot streak: Getafe have not won a top-flight home game after conceding first since 2019 (D5, L20)!