Arsenal – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Arsenal – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 3, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 19
Kick-off: 20:45 Arsenal – Newcastle
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Match Preview Arsenal – Newcastle Prediction
- Forever the realist, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is keeping his feet firmly on the ground after opening up a seven-point gap in the Premier League (PL) standings over his former club Manchester City. Following Arsenal’s 4-2 win over Brighton on New Year’s Eve, Arteta was quick to point out that their lead “means nothing” if they subsequently slip up, but it would surely require a monumental collapse now as no team entering a new year with a 7+ point lead has ever failed to win the Premier League (PL)!
- Arsenal have not lost their opening league game in consecutive calendar years since 1995-96, a record they’ll be hoping to extend after their defeat on New Year’s Day in 2022. The Gunners appear likely to keep that record intact here by building on their 100% winning record in PL home games this season, and if they do so, it will be the first time in club history that they would have won each of their opening eight home league games!
- Another stern test awaits Arsenal on their quest for a first title since 2003/04 in the form of top-four hopefuls Newcastle United, a side that have already taken points from three of last season’s four highest placed clubs (W2, D1, L1). Newcastle boss Eddie Howe bemoaned his side’s missed chances in a 0-0 draw with Leeds at the weekend, yet that result ensured that they ended the weekend in third place.
- Last calendar year was one of humongous growth for Newcastle, with only Arsenal, Liverpool and City claiming more points than their 71 in 2022. Even so, this is arguably the Magpies’ toughest task yet against a side Eddie Howe has lost to every time in personal PL away H2Hs (L6), and that’s not to mention Newcastle’s own current 11-game losing streak in away H2Hs.
- Players to watch: The terrifying trio of Bukayo Saka, Eddie Nketiah, and Gabriel Martinelli have all scored in both of Arsenal’s PL games since Gabriel Jesus’ injury! Newcastle may rely on just one player, Callum Wilson, to be at his best if they’re to extend their winning streak in London to three. Wilson has scored six times in eight capital city appearances since joining the club.
- Hot stat: Newcastle have failed to win their first game of a new calendar year on nine occasions in the last decade (W1, D2, L7).