Salernitana – AC Milan Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Salernitana – AC Milan Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 4, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 16
Kick-off: 12:30 Salernitana – AC Milan
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview Salernitana – AC Milan Prediction
- The World Cup break perhaps came at a good time for Salernitana after picking up just one of the last nine available points in Serie A (SA), but it’s been all change off the pitch for the mid-table club since. With Franck Ribéry hanging up his boots but staying on as a technical collaborator, Salernitana have wasted no time in signing a new household name in the form of legendary Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa.
- Kicking off the second half of the season at home should be a boost for Salernitana after picking up as many wins across their last six SA games at the Stadio Arechi (W3, D2, L1) as they did in the 20 games prior! They might need a hatful of goals to keep that positive form going against an AC Milan side they have conceded at least twice against in all six top-flight historical H2Hs, with their only win over those games coming back in 1948 (W1, D1, L4)!
- Currently Napoli’s closest chasers for the title, the Rossoneri can provisionally close the gap to five points if they can justify their favouritism with victory. Rumours grow by the day over the future of AC Milan star Rafael Leão, with a handful of top European clubs reportedly lining up mega contract bids for the young star with his time in Milan slowly but surely running out.
- Despite having an almost foot perfect record in their home league games (W7, L1), Stefano Pioli’s defending champions can blame the current gap to the league leaders on some suspect away form this term (W3, D3, L1). Knowing they can’t afford to fall further behind, Pioli cancelled a scheduled rest day ahead of this game after his side were humbled 3-0 by PSV, which ended a miserable run during the World Cup break of three straight friendly defeats.
- Players to watch: Salernitana and Senegal star Boulaye Dia scored his first World Cup goal during the recent tournament and now returns to domestic action as the highest scoring SA player in the final 15 minutes with three goals. Also enjoying a great World Cup was French four-goal finalist Olivier Giroud, who returns to AC Milan looking to build on his nine goals and five assists this season.
- Hot stat: Salernitana have won just once as pre-match outsiders this season (W1, D3, L5).