Crystal Palace – Southampton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today FA CUP: Crystal Palace – Southampton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 6, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: FA CUP – 1/32-FINALS
Kick-off: 13:30 Crystal Palace – Southampton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Crystal Palace – Southampton Prediction and PREVIEW
- Patrick Vieira will be hoping the FA Cup can spark Crystal Palace back into form after suffering the heaviest defeat of his 18-month stint in charge during midweek. The Eagles, who reached the semi-finals of this competition last season, suffered a 4-0 Premier League (PL) hammering at the hands of Tottenham on Wednesday, although the manager insisted his side played better than the result suggested, stating “we were toe-to-toe against them.”
- The loss to Spurs was Palace’s second in a row at home, meaning defeat here would be their third in succession on their own turf for the first time since July 2020. Vieira will therefore be hoping to fall back on their excellent FA Cup record at Selhurst Park, where they have won five of their last six clashes (L1).
- They will be confident of extending that run against visitors Southampton, whom Palace have beaten in four of their last five cup meetings (L1), including a 2-1 victory en route to the 2015/16 final. The Saints also arrive in South London after being booed off during a 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, a result that left them propping up the PL table.
- That was only Nathan Jones’ fifth game in charge since taking the reins in November (W1, L4), and the manager admits he was “surprised” by the fans’ reaction. There is already speculation surrounding his position though, so he will be hoping to rekindle Southampton’s recent FA Cup form, which has seen them suffer just one third round exit in six seasons, reaching at least the quarter-finals on three occasions.
- Players to watch: Wilfried Zaha is unbeaten in five goalscoring appearances against Southampton (W3, D2) and netted Palace’s winner in their 2015/16 FA Cup third round meeting. Saints captain James Ward-Prowse has faced Palace more than any other team (W10, D3, L9), but has managed just two wins in his last seven trips to Selhurst Park (D1, L4).
- Hot stat: Southampton have lost six of their last eight away FA Cup ties against PL opposition (W2).