RB Leipzig – Bayern Munich Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: RB Leipzig – Bayern Munich Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 20, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 16
Kick-off: 20:30 RB Leipzig – Bayern Munich
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
RB Leipzig – Bayern Munich Prediction and Preview
- The Bundesliga finally returns after an extended mid-season break thanks to the World Cup with an intriguing clash between third-placed RB Leipzig and leaders Bayern Munich. One of Europe’s form teams prior to the break, Leipzig are unbeaten in 13 competitive fixtures (W11, D2), including four-straight Bundesliga wins which all came after scoring first.
- The Red Bulls have been similarly imperious on home turf where they have won six consecutive league games, and Marco Rose will now be eyeing up a reversal of personal fortunes against Bayern as he’s lost his last four meetings against them, conceding at least three goals on each occasion. Arresting that slide appears far-fetched though given Leipzig haven’t beaten Bayern anywhere since triumphing 2-1 at home in March 2018, which actually remains their only ever H2H win (D4, L10)!
- Bayern won’t be taking anything for granted here, as despite a run of six straight league wins prior to the World Cup, their lead at the Bundesliga summit only stands at four points so any slip could see them under pressure from Freiburg and Leipzig, who are two points further back. Talking of slips, a freak injury to goalkeeper Manuel Neuer whilst skiing has ruled him out for the rest of the season, leaving Bayern short of options in goal at a crucial point of the campaign.
- As their pursuit of Borussia Mönchengladbach stopper Yann Sommer to fill that goalkeeping void continues, Bayern will look to make it four consecutive away league wins and this at least is a happy hunting ground for them, as they’ve netted at least four goals on their last two visits (W2), including the season-opening Super Cup, which Bayern won 5-3.
- Key battle: Timo Werner has scored nine competitive goals for Leipzig this term, the last three arriving in or beyond the 75th minute. He scored past Bayern goalkeeper Sven Ulreich during Leipzig’s only ever H2H win in 2018, but the stopper has kept clean sheets in three of his last four appearances.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of 3.19 goals per game this Bundesliga season – the highest among Europe’s top five leagues.