Bologna – Cremonese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Bologna – Cremonese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 23, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 19
Kick-off: 18:30 Bologna – Cremonese
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: PENDING
Bologna – Cremonese Prediction and Preview
- After their first league win of the year was followed up by a 1-0 cup defeat at Lazio on Thursday, mid-table Bologna will be desperate to bounce back against Cremonese in their first Serie A (SA) meeting since 1989/90. Whilst 2023 hasn’t quite gone to plan for Thiago Motta’s side so far, Bologna have eventually finished in 10th-13th place for four consecutive seasons so they may be close to par as things stand.
- The aforementioned 2-1 SA win over Udinese may boost the Rossoblù who were beaten 2-1 by Atalanta in their previous home match. That was their only defeat in their last five league contests at the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara (W3, D1), but the side from northern Italy haven’t won any of their previous three SA matches against teams that started the matchday in 20th position (D2, L1), so they’ll need to be wary here.
- Perhaps not too wary however, as their bottom-placed visitors are still yet to win a single league game this season (D7, L11)! It’s been a torrid campaign for Cremonese with their defeat to Monza in their last league outing (3-2) seeing them become the side with the third-lowest points tally after 18 SA games in the three points-per-win era (seven)!
- That result also marked their fourth consecutive SA defeat and ominously, they were relegated the last time they lost five league games in a row (2005/06). A brighter future might be on the horizon under newly-appointed coach Davide Ballardini however, as he masterminded a shock win on penalties against league-leaders Napoli to progress to the Coppa Italia quarter-finals in his first game in charge!
- Players to watch: Bologna may hand a start to Nicola Sansone after he netted his 50th goal in the ‘Big Five’ European leagues in their triumph over Udinese. Forward David Okereke might steal the limelight though, as he has netted three SA away goals this season – each of them Cremonese openers.
- Hot stat: Six of Cremonese’s last nine goals in all competitions have arrived after the 82nd minute.