Match Preview: Cadiz CF – Mallorca Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Cadiz CF – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Cadiz CF – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 28, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 19
Kick-off: 14:00 Cadiz CF – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Cadiz CF – Mallorca Prediction and Preview
- A 1-0 loss away to fellow relegation contenders Sevilla saw Cádiz tumble to 19th in the La Liga (LL) standings after being leapfrogged by their victorious hosts. Perhaps feeling the heat of their perilous situation, manager Sergio pointed the finger away from his Cádiz squad, stating that they had “once again” been the victims of questionable refereeing decisions.
- At least a return to home comforts might cheer him up, with the Pirates unbeaten in their last six LL home outings (W2, D4), though only a win here will move them out of the drop zone. Hopeful Cádiz fans should look away now, however, as they haven’t beaten upcoming opponents Mallorca in their previous 13 league meetings (D5, L8) – a record stretching back to 1990/91!
- Fresh from a 1-0 victory over Celta Vigo, Mallorca represent dangerous opposition with their improvements this season illustrated by their current tenth-placed position – the highest they have sat in the top flight after 18 games since 2010/11! Perhaps not wanting to get carried away, coach Javier Aguirre stated that he was “happy” with the three points but “worried” about his side’s first half display.
- There doesn’t seem much reason for nerves, as Mallorca have conceded only one first half goal in their last eight away outings. Though with Mallorca’s last six LL games seeing only one side score (W4, L2) and off the back of two successive league away defeats ‘to-nil’, they might arrive on the offensive with only the current bottom three ahead of the round having netted less than their 15 goals so far!
- Players to watch: This could be a clash of the forwards, with Brian Ocampo filling the void left by recently-departed striker Lucas Pérez after grabbing his first goal of the season in his last Cádiz home outing. Mallorca will hope top-scorer Vedat Muriqi (G9) is back amongst the action here though, particularly as he netted in his only H2H appearance.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, no side has conceded more goals in the 76-90+ minute period than Cádiz’s 12 this season.