Match Preview: AC Milan – Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
AC Milan – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: AC Milan – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 29, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 20
Kick-off: 12:30 AC Milan – Sassuolo
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:5 LOST
AC Milan – Sassuolo Prediction and Preview
- Following a 2-2 Serie A (SA) away draw at Lecce and defeats in both the Coppa Italia and Super Cup, a subdued AC Milan endured a 0-4 rout at the hands of Lazio that left them 12 points adrift of SA leaders Napoli. Even with exactly half a season still to go, most Milan supporters have lost all hope of a first successful title defence in 29 years, especially after their worst league defeat since December 2019, which left coach Stefano Pioli ranting that his side should simply “shut up and work”.
- An unforgiving response against relegation contenders Sassuolo has clearly been demanded, lest Milan fall to a sixth consecutive competitive game without victory – a shameful ‘feat’ they last completed back in April 2018. They can draw encouragement from having only been vanquished by league leaders Napoli across their last 17 SA home games (W12, D4), making such a nightmare scenario a far less likely prospect for the Rossoneri.
- Even with that taken into account, Sassuolo know they have a prime chance to capitalise on Milan’s misery, to the possible effect of getting a hat-trick of away wins against the 19-time SA winners! What’s more, they followed up a 3-1 comeback victory in last season’s corresponding H2H with another handicap-beating win (2-0 vs Inter) at the San Siro just 84 days later, though the only man to score in both games (Gianluca Scamacca) has since departed.
- The visitors have had troubles of their own lately too though, dropping two points after half-time at newcomers Monza on Sunday (D 1-1) to stay rooted in 17th after an eighth game without victory (D2, L6). As a consequence of that frustrating stalemate, Sassuolo worryingly began the new week with a league-high of seven occasions in which they were outscored after half-time in SA away football.
- Players to watch: That might excite Milan veteran Olivier Giroud, who has seen all five of his prior league goals this season arrive after the interval. In opposition, Agustín Álvarez is expected to provide a threat for Sassuolo, as he’s seen his last three away goals in any competition act as decisive matchwinners.
- Hot streak: All of Milan’s last seven SA home wins have seen them score in both halves.