Luton – Cardiff Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Luton – Cardiff Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 31, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 29
Kick-off: 20:45 Luton – Cardiff
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Luton – Cardiff Prediction and Preview
- A run of four wins from five Championship games since Christmas (L1) has reignited Luton Town’s play-off aspirations, and the Hatters can reclaim their place in the top-six with victory over Cardiff City here. Manager Rob Edwards has settled in nicely at Kenilworth Road (W5, D2, L2), although he’ll be seeking an improved display following their 2-2 FA Cup draw here against Grimsby on Saturday.
- Edwards called that performance “uncharacteristic” and with some justification, as they’ve only lost one of their last 11 competitive home fixtures (W3, D7). In a way, he’ll be hoping for another ‘uncharacteristic’ performance as the Hatters haven’t won any of the five H2Hs held here since the formation of the Championship in 2004/05 (D2, L3)!
- Records are there to be broken though and Cardiff appear ripe for the picking, as they’ve not won a league game since early November (D5, L4 since). New manager Sabri Lamouchi says he is excited by the challenge ahead of him, and he possesses a perfect record against Luton (W2) from his time in charge of Nottingham Forest, so can draw on some good personal memories to help inspire his new side.
- Sitting one place and three points ahead of the relegation zone, the Bluebirds are far from doomed and if anything, an away game might suit them as they’ve only lost one of their last four Championship road trips (W1, D2). They only scored before the break in one of their last six league games away from home though (W1, D2, L3), so a good start here could be crucial for Lamouchi and his new charges.
- Players to watch: Elijah Adebayo has netted in each of Luton’s last four fixtures, the last three of which came after half-time. He’s never scored against Cardiff, for whom Callum Robinson is an obvious threat with nine goal contributions in the league this season (G4, A5) and three in personal H2Hs against Luton (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Cardiff have rescued just one point after conceding first in the league this term (D1, L11).