Angers – AC Ajaccio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LIGUE 1: Angers – AC Ajaccio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 1, 2023.
Football: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 19:00 Angers – AC Ajaccio
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Angers – AC Ajaccio Prediction and Preview
- There are few comparatives left to describe the utterly atrocious Ligue 1 season that Angers are experiencing, with their 4-0 loss to Brest last time out further rooting them to the foot of the table. Records are tumbling all around Abdel Bouhazama’s men, as only once before in the league’s history has a team produced less than their paltry eight points after 20 rounds, mostly due to the fact they’ve now tied the record for the most consecutive losses in Ligue 1 history with 12.
- The Black and Whites will return to the Raymond Kopa Stadium hoping to avoid taking that record outright, but inspiration seems few and far between at the moment. One source of comfort could be their home record against opponents Ajaccio, against whom they’ve avoided defeat in five of the last six home H2Hs (W4, D1).
- While Ajaccio enjoy a seven-point gap over their hosts, they still inhabit the relegation zone in 18th place, a scary prospect considering the bottom four sides are set to face the drop this campaign. Olivier Pantaloni’s men are experiencing a mini-crisis themselves with four consecutive Ligue 1 games lost with only a solitary goal scored in that time, which has left them three points from safety with the threat of being left behind.
- A mounting injury list has left the Bears limping as they hit the road here, something that was very evident when their last away Ligue 1 match ended in a 7-1 thrashing by Monaco. The six away league matches prior to that though were very prosperous for Ajaccio, as it was where they accumulated all their away league points this season (W2, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Scoring seven of his last nine goals at home, Angers will hope that Adrien Hunou can be the catalyst for a much needed win, while Ajaccio’s Youcef Belaïli scored the winner the last time these teams met, contributing to seven of his last eight club goals coming before half-time.
- Hot stat: Angers have been trailing at half-time in a league-high 15 of their 20 matches this season.