Match Preview: Augsburg – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Augsburg – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Augsburg – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 3, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 19
Kick-off: 20:30 Augsburg – Bayer Leverkusen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Augsburg – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Preview
- Despite attempting a season-high eight shots and scoring a goal before half-time last time out, Augsburg were eventually well beaten 3-1 by Freiburg. That result left the perennial strugglers with an identical points haul compared to what they had at this stage of last season, and with the possibility of ending this round in the bottom-three, fans may fear that their luck could be running out after a run of seven straight bottom-half Bundesliga finishes.
- Returning to the WWK Arena may raise hopes of repelling the bottom-three for another week after winning their 2023 home opener against Gladbach, yet Augsburg have not won back-to-back home league games since April 2022. Repeating that feat here would make history as Bayer Leverkusen are the side Augsburg have faced most often at home without ever winning a single game against (D4, L9).
- Much like the hosts, Leverkusen opened their 2023 away league schedule with a single-goal margin victory over Gladbach, yet a 2-0 humbling at home to Dortmund last time out ended their five-game winning run. While that was disappointing, manager Xabi Alonso’s success so far cannot be questioned after taking Leverkusen from the relegation zone to the top-half since his October appointment.
- The Eternal Bridesmaids enter round 19 six points adrift of the top-six, so they’ll need to get back on the winning trail quickly if they’re to chase down European qualification this season. Alonso’s men are favoured to take all three points too, and extending their all-time unbeaten record here in Augsburg wouldn’t surprise many as they’re unbeaten as travelling league favourites this season (W2, D1).
- Key battle: All five of Mërgim Berisha’s goals for Augsburg this season were his team’s first of the game, whilst four came at home. Looking to contain him could be Leverkusen’s Dutch defender Jeremie Frimpong, but the full-back also has an incredible seven goal contributions this Bundesliga season (G5, A2), and will set a new career league record with one more.
- Hot stat: Seven of Augsburg’s ten Bundesliga defeats this season followed a drawn first-half.