Spezia – Napoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Spezia – Napoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 5, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 12:30 Spezia – Napoli
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Spezia – Napoli Prediction and Preview
- It has been a stuttering campaign for Spezia so far, as a 2-0 loss at Bologna made it back-to-back Serie A (SA) defeats ‘to-nil’ and kept them five points above the relegation zone. Extending their three-campaign top-flight stay is now looking trickier, although they have collected two more points than at this stage last season.
- Scoring issues need to be addressed quickly though, with only Sampdoria failing to find the net more often than Spezia (nine) after 20 SA matches, including three scoring blanks across their last four league games. The arrival of Napoli doesn’t bode well on that front, with the hosts losing their last two SA H2Hs without scoring and the visitors conceding a league-low 15 goals so far.
- A 2-1 win over Roma on the last matchday extended Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti’s record for the coach with the most SA wins in the three-point era, whilst also opening up a 13-point lead over their nearest competitors at the top – the biggest after 20 games in a top-flight campaign since 1994/95. A first Scudetto for Napoli since the days of Diego Maradona looks theirs to lose and the bar could be raised high by targeting 100+ points for the season, achieved only once before in the competition’s history!
- A big factor in Napoli’s title charge has been their near-spotless away form, with a 1-0 loss at Inter being the only blemish across eight SA road trips (W7). Four of those wins saw the decisive goal arrive beyond the hour-mark while they also won this season’s reverse fixture courtesy of an 89th-minute winner, highlighting a trait that all potential champions seem to possess.
- Players to watch: Spezia goalkeeper Bartłomiej Drągowski faced an onslaught in this season’s reverse fixture (L 1-0), seeing 28 shots fired at his goal only for an 89th minute strike to prove decisive. He will pit his wits against Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, who has seen all of his 15 direct goal involvements (G7, A8) contribute to Napoli wins in this league campaign.
- Hot stat: Napoli have scored a league-high 12 goals during the last 15 minutes of games in this campaign.