Verona – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Verona – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 6, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 18:30 Verona – Lazio
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Verona – Lazio Prediction and Preview
- Hellas Verona continue to pick up points in 2023, with their 1-1 draw against Udinese extending their impressive Serie A (SA) start to the new year (W2, D2, L1), a run which has moved them to within five points of safety coming into the round. Lazio are the next side trying to topple Verona, and after losing the reverse fixture 2-0, Verona will be eager to avoid their first double of H2H defeats in a single season since 2017/18.
- That was coincidentally also the last season Verona were relegated, and considering the 13 points they have at this stage is the same return as back then, the home fans perhaps have reason to still feel concerned. The prospect of that points tally improving here appears slim on the face of it, given Verona have lost each of their five home league matches against top-half sides, but they did thrash Lazio 4-1 in this fixture last season.
- Lazio looked set to move into second when leading against Fiorentina in their last league match until a second-half equaliser ended their three-game winning streak in all competitions. Their mood then worsened in midweek as a 1-0 defeat against Juventus in the Coppa Italia saw them dumped out at the quarter final stage.
- With only three points separating second from sixth in SA ahead of this round, Lazio will be eager to put their cup disappointment behind them and one goal could be enough to return to winning ways as they’ve conceded just 16 this term, which is impressively 21 less than they had conceded at this stage last year! It comes as no surprise then that Maurizio Sarri’s side have kept a clean sheet in six of their nine away league matches (W5, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Darko Lazovič‘s deflected strike gave Verona an early lead against Udinese and he‘ll be hoping to finally score against Lazio (W4, D4, L5) against whom he has three all-time assists. Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has had no issues scoring in this fixture though, scoring six goals across the last four H2Hs held here.
- Hot stat: Verona have lost a league-high seven matches after being level at half-time.