Schalke – Wolfsburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Schalke – Wolfsburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 10, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 20
Kick-off: 20:30 Schalke – Wolfsburg
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Schalke – Wolfsburg Prediction and Preview
- Having picked up a point at Mönchengladbach in what was the second of two successive goalless draws, Schalke have gone two games unbeaten in the Bundesliga for the first time since September, helping them close the gap a little on the two sides directly above them. The lack of goals remains a worry for the Bundesliga’s basement side who have scored just once in their last five league games (D2, L3), and having failed to score in four competitive H2Hs against Wolfsburg (D1, L3), it would be a surprise if they got anything out of this game, let alone score.
- Despite Schalke collecting eight of their 11 league points at home this term (W2, D2, L6), they are still the worst performing home team in the Bundesliga. With an average of just one goal per home league game, Schalke have the second-worst home attack, but coach Thomas Reis was pleased with the two recent performances without conceding, stating that ‘something is growing’.
- A 4-2 defeat against Bayern Munich last matchday marked Wolfsburg’s third consecutive competitive defeat, yet coach Niko Kovać said that trio of losses would “not knock them out”, after seeing many positives in those games. Prior to the defeats, Wolfsburg were undefeated over ten league games (W7, D3), but they are now in real danger of losing three consecutive Bundesliga matches for the first time this season, which could seriously damage their fight for a European place.
- Tipping the balance on an evenly split away league record this term (W4, D2, L4) is now the aim for Wolfsburg. There is perhaps a little added motivation here too, as after losing their last away league game, Wolfsburg are bidding to avoid successive Bundesliga road defeats for only the second time this season, with a mitigating factor that the prior pair came in their first two travelling matches of the season against Bayern Munich (2-0) and RB Leipzig (2-0), respectively.
- Key battle: Schalke have gone two games without conceding with new signing Moritz Jenz at the heart of their defence, after conceding nine goals in the previous two games without him. Perhaps Jonas Wind, who has seen his four Wolfsburg goals this season come in wins ‘to nil’, can be the man to breach that rearguard.
- Hot streak: Schalke have trailed at half-time in a joint league-high nine of 19 games in the Bundesliga this season, subsequently tasting defeat in all nine of those games.