Sparta Rotterdam – G.A. Eagles Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Sparta Rotterdam – G.A. Eagles Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 12, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 12:15 Sparta Rotterdam – G.A. Eagles
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Sparta Rotterdam – G.A. Eagles Prediction and Preview
- With their third consecutive draw, Sparta Rotterdam continued to remain undefeated in the new calendar year (W2, A4). Sparta are still hot on the heels of the top five in the Eredivisie, but also have their own challengers in a rising FC Utrecht, who are now just one point behind the Spartans. Ahead of two clashes with Ajax and Utrecht themselves, they cannot afford to drop a point here.
- They may not always be able to find the back of the net, illustrated by one or no goals scored in six of their last seven Eredivisie games (W2, D5), but Maurice Steijn’s team have been in excellent order defensively. They already had an excellent custodian between the posts with Maduka last season, but his replacement Nick Olij has conducted himself with distinction. January’s Eredivisie ‘Player of the Month’ has conceded only one goal from six league games in 2023.
- After more than four calendar months without defeat, Go Ahead Eagles had quickly found themselves back in the doldrums. A 1-0 home win against NEC Nijmegen last round kept them a crucial six points ahead of the relegation zone, but their KNVB Cup loss to second-tier side ADO Den Hag was particularly embarrassing.
- They remain much closer to relegation than they are to the places that entitle clubs to playoff for European football, and they’re going to have to correct some unpleasant recent history if they are not to not immediately slide further. The Eagles have lost their last six trips to Sparta across all competitions – four by a multiple-goal margin – and were also unsuccessful at home in the reverse fixture (L 1-0) owing to Tobia Lauritsen’s first goal in a Sparta kit.
- Players to watch: Arno Verschuerenhas racked up six goals in his last nine appearances for Sparta, whilst Eagles’ forward Bobby Adekanye has contributed to seven goals (G3, A4) in his last ten Eredivisie fixtures.
- Hot stat: All but one of Sparta’s last eight Eredivisie matches did not produce a first-half goal.