Birmingham – Cardiff Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Birmingham – Cardiff Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 14, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 20:45 Birmingham – Cardiff
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Birmingham – Cardiff Prediction and Preview
- Birmingham manager John Eustace praised his side’s character in regards to ignoring off-field issues as they registered a second successive Championship victory, comfortably beating Midlands rivals West Brom 2-0. That impressive performance against a side chasing promotion ended the Blues’ four-match losing run at home, and subsequently moved them nine points clear of the drop zone ahead of this round.
- That success was Birmingham’s first on home soil since mid-December, with St Andrews proving far from a fortress so far this season. They now chase back-to-back league wins on their own turf for the first time since November 2021, but to do that they’ll need to end a long wait for a H2H victory, last beating Cardiff back in October 2017.
- The visiting Bluebirds would welcome any good omens if they help bring an end to a miserable 12-match winless run that stretches back to early November 2022 (D5, L7). Beaten 3-1 by Middelsbrough at the weekend, Cardiff boss Sabri Lamouchi admitted ‘they were better than us’ – a common theme this term, with his side now only out of the bottom three on goal difference.
- A toothless attack is at the centre of their problems, with the Welsh outfit’s 22 goals scored comfortably the lowest in the division. Those troubles extend to the road, with Cardiff netting just three times across their last eight away games in the Championship (W1, D2, L5). Worryingly for supporters, their points total at this stage is their lowest since 2013/14, when they went on to be relegated from the Premier League.
- Key battle: Birmingham boss Eustace described Hannibal Mejbri as ‘unplayable’ in their victory over West Brom, as the Manchester United loanee scored his first professional goal. Looking to tame the Tunisian could be Cardiff midfielder Romaine Sawyers, who owns five personal H2H victories against the Blues – only managing more against two other sides.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last 11 H2Hs at this ground was decided by more than a one-goal margin (BIR W3, D6, L2).