Aston Villa – Arsenal Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Aston Villa – Arsenal Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 18, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 13:30 Aston Villa – Arsenal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:4 WON!!!
Aston Villa – Arsenal Prediction and Preview
- Aston Villa will feel the progress made in starting the year with four Premier League (PL) matches unbeaten (W3, D1) has been somewhat undone recently, after suffering back-to-back losses to Leicester City (4-2) and league-leaders Manchester City (3-1). While those high scoring affairs may have been exciting to watch, continuing a trend of keeping just two clean sheets from their last 12 matches will make it difficult for 11th-placed Villa to break into the top-half of the table.
- Villa Park has been on the receiving end of these poor defensive performances, with the Villans winning only once at home since the World Cup break (D1, L3). Therefore, manager Unai Emery will be hoping to use his insight of former employers Arsenal as they come to town, something that is much needed considering Villa have lost each of the last three H2Hs.
- This will be Arsenal’s first meeting with a former manager since beating a George Graham led Tottenham side 2-0 in March 2001, but that will be the furthest thing from current manager Mike Arteta’s mind. His side have learnt that the margin for error at the top of the table is razor thin, with their 3-1 loss to fellow title-challengers Manchester City in midweek slicing their once eight-point lead, and capping off a four-game winless run (D1, L3).
- Now sitting in second place by virtue of goal difference, the Gunners do have the ammunition of a game-in-hand, though that may prove futile if their already horrendous week goes from bad to worse with another loss here. At least they can find solace in winning four of their last six visits to Villa Park (L2), helping to make it their second-most winning away PL ground with 13 victories after their 14 wins at West Ham.
- Players to watch: Villa’s Leon Bailey has scored 15 of his last 17 club goals at home, while Arsenal will be hoping for some Gabriel Martinelli magic here, having won each of the last 14 matches the Brazilian has found the net.
- Hot stat: Aston Villa have seen a league-high 17 goals scored in the opening 15 minutes of their league matches this season.