Mainz – B. Monchengladbach Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Mainz – B. Monchengladbach Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 24, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 22
Kick-off: 20:30 Mainz – B. Monchengladbach
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Mainz – B. Monchengladbach Prediction and Preview
- Mainz found themselves involved in one of the feistiest Bundesliga games in recent memory last weekend as they took the lead three times in an eventual 3-2 win over Leverkusen in a game that saw 13 cards shown, including one for both managers! Disciplinary issues aside, Mainz have now impressively scored three times in back-to-back Bundesliga games for the first time since 2016.
- Repeating that feat for a third time would set a new club record, but it will take another stunning effort as they’re still the lowest scoring Bundesliga side in the top-ten (G33). Returning to the Mewa Arena isn’t necessarily an indicator of more success for Mainz either, but they do have the opportunity to post back-to-back competitive home wins for the first time in over a year if they can follow up on their 3-1 victory over Augsburg in their last outing here.
- Standing in their way is Daniel Farke’s Borussia Mönchengladbach, who sit above Mainz on goal difference only after posting an identical 21-game league record (W8, D5, L8). The Foals enter this clash full of confidence after blowing the title race wide open with a 3-2 victory over Bayern Munich last time out, marking a fifth straight unbeaten H2H against the ten-time consecutive champions
- Currently sitting six points better off than at the same stage of last season, Gladbach have an opportunity to provisionally leapfrog Wolfsburg into seventh place with victory. Playing away isn’t likely to inspire confidence though as the Foals have picked up just 24% of their points on the road (W1, D4, L5), with only relegation battlers Stuttgart and Schalke winning fewer Bundesliga games on their travels.
- Players to watch: Jae-Sung Lee had a hand in three of Mainz’s six goals across their last two league wins (G2, A1), but he could be outdone by Jonas Hoffmann, who contributed to all three of Gladbach’s goals in their win over Bayern (G1, A2). Incredibly, that was the third time this season that Hoffmann had made three goal contributions in the same league game!
- Hot stat: Gladbach are unbeaten in ten of their last 11 Bundesliga trips to Mainz (W6, D4, L1).