Bologna – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Bologna – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 25, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 12:30 Bologna – Inter
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Bologna – Inter Prediction and Preview
- Only Serie A (SA) leaders Napoli have earned more points than eighth-placed Bologna over the last six league matches (W4, D1, L1) before this round, with hopes of European action for the first time in more than two decades soaring. A seventh-place finish could earn a European ticket depending on cup results, and Thiago Motta’s men have added to the suspense by keeping their fans waiting, with three of their last four league wins coming via a narrow 2-1 scoreline.
- There’s still room for improvement, as Bologna have won only one of their last four home matches (D1, L2), and the arrival of Inter Milan will bring back memories of the heavy 6-1 loss they suffered in this season’s reverse fixture. A win here would avenge that loss, making it consecutive home SA H2H wins for the first time in this century having won 2-1 here last season.
- Inter left it late to defeat Porto 1-0 in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday to make it six matches unbeaten in all competitions (W5, D1). The Nerazzurri have very little chance of catching runaway SA leaders Napoli, but can at least keep up the pressure with a victory which would also land just a second league H2H double in seven seasons.
- There’s more reason to aim for victory as a top-four finish is not yet a guarantee, but Inter will need to improve on a patchy run of away form which has seen them win just two of their last five league games on the road (W2, D2, L1). However after a goalless draw in their last away match, the visitors now run the risk of consecutive away league scoring blanks for the first time since April 2018, although they have only failed to score in an away league H2H just once in this century!
- Key battle: Stefan Posch has been scoring key goals for Bologna, with his four league goals all coming in wins, three ending 2-1. His primary task could, however, be to stop Inter’s Romelu Lukaku, who scored the winner against Porto and has netted in each of his four previous SA H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Seven of Inter’s 16 match openers this league campaign have come within the first 15 minutes.