Verona – Fiorentina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Verona – Fiorentina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 26, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 18:30 Verona – Fiorentina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Verona – Fiorentina Prediction and Preview
- Hellas Verona’s four-game Serie A (SA) unbeaten run (W2, D2) came to an end in the last round as they fell to Roma 1-0. And despite looking much better than they did a few weeks ago, it should be noted that relegation-threatened Verona did suffer the drop in each of the previous three seasons when they had registered 17 or fewer points after the opening 23 SA rounds, as they’ve accumulated so far.
- The hosts have conceded just once in their four SA home matches in 2023 while collecting a huge ten of their total 17 points during the run (W3, D1), therefore it’s fair to say they’ll be happy to return to Stadio Bentegodi here. The arrival of Fiorentina doesn’t bode well though, as the last time Verona beat this opponent was in 2019 (D4, L2).
- Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Italiano felt his side deserved more from their draw against Empoli (1-1) after accumulating 27 shots – a total bettered only against Cremonese this season. However, with only four of those hitting the target, it’s clear a more clinical edge is needed if Fiorentina are to end their winless run of six league matches (D2, L4) and keep alive their hopes of consecutive European qualifications.
- Concerningly with those ambitions in mind, they’ve picked up 11 points less than at this stage of last season, with their eight away SA goals a joint-second league-low ahead of this round. Confidence in the camp could be high though after Fiorentina confirmed their progression to the UEFA Europa Conference League Round of 16 after beating Braga 7-2 on aggregate in midweek.
- Players to watch: Cyril Ngonge has found the net in his both home appearances for Verona, contributing to almost a quarter of their seasonal points (four of 17). Exactly a quarter of Fiorentina’s away SA goals have been scored by Nikola Milenković, who found the net in both of their league victories on the road.
- Hot stat: Fiorentina have won each of their six SA matches this season against sides that started this round below them.