Dortmund – RB Leipzig Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Dortmund – RB Leipzig Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 3, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 23
Kick-off: 20:30 Dortmund – RB Leipzig
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Dortmund – RB Leipzig Prediction and Preview
- The Bundesliga title race continues to be one of the most riveting watches across the continent with the top four separated by a meagre four points – the smallest gap at this stage of a season during the three-points-for-a-win era. It was a 1-0 win for Borussia Dortmund against Hoffenheim last time out that maintained their perfect competitive record in 2023 (W9), and while Edin Terzić’s men sit behind league leaders Bayern on goal difference alone, they will now look to go top as they face fourth-placed challengers RB Leipzig.
- Dortmund midfielder Julian Brandt said that they’re “riding the crest of a wave” following their latest win, and what a wave it is! To summarise just how good they’ve been in 2023 so far, Dortmund currently have the highest points per game average (3.0), goals per match (2.86), goal attempts (17.86) and shots on target (7.71) of any side across Europe’s top-five leagues!
- Those credentials will surely come under threat when Leipzig roll up to Signal Iduna Park. Just four points from the peak of the table themselves, Marco Rose’s men are the joint-best side in the division across the last 15 rounds (W10, D4, L1), and with no competitive away defeat since September 2022, there’s certainly a strong case for an away upset.
- Inspiring further Red Bull confidence will be their current three-game winning run of league H2Hs, their longest such streak in this fixture’s history. If they’re to beat Dortmund again, and add another twist to this enthralling title race, scoring first could be their best way to do so as the team that has scored first in Leipzig’s away league games this season – barring a couple of goalless draws – has avoided defeat (W4, D1 when scoring first).
- Players to watch: Dortmund veteran Marco Reus has looked more like the force of old in recent weeks, scoring twice and assisting another two across his last four appearances despite not playing a full 90’. Leipzig have been buoyed by the return of talisman Christopher Nkunku following his approximate three-month injury layoff – he should be excited to feature against Dortmund after making six goal contributions in as many personal H2Hs (G2, A4).
- Hot stat: Dortmund went on to win the league the last time they began a calendar year with seven straight league wins (2012).