Spezia – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Spezia – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 5, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 25
Kick-off: 12:30 Spezia – Verona
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Spezia – Verona Prediction and Preview
- This is a real relegation ‘six-pointer’ between Spezia and Hellas Verona with both sides separated by just three points near the foot of the Serie A (SA) table. New Spezia coach Leonardo Semplici was unable to get off to a winning start in his first match in charge, but praised a “great team performance” afterwards as his side came from behind to draw 2-2 with Udinese.
- His first home game brings extra pressure as Spezia are winless at the Stadio Alberto Picco in SA since September (D4, L4), with the last four games in that sequence seeing them fail to get on the scoresheet! They’ve also never won a top-flight H2H on their own turf (L2), but the opportunity to create a six-point gap to the drop zone should provide plenty of motivation to improve that record.
- Verona have been in good form following the FIFA World Cup (W3, D3, L2), but saw their resurgence halted by a 3-0 thumping against Fiorentina last time out. Losing so convincingly on home soil should be concerning for the Mastiffs, especially as no side in SA has collected fewer away points than their four this term (W0, D4, L7).
- Marco Zaffaroni’s men could move out of the bottom three with a maiden league win on the road, but they’ll need an improvement in the final third to make that happen, with their six goals scored the lowest of any SA side away from home. Verona have won each of the last five H2Hs at Spezia by an aggregate score of 10-3 though, so this could be the perfect opportunity to break their duck on their travels.
- Players to watch: On his first start since returning from injury, Spezia’s M’Bala Nzola struck a brace to rescue a draw with Udinese – only three players have outscored him in SA this season (11). Verona attacker Cyril Ngonge has netted both of his side’s last two strikes, while 11 of his last 13 goals have arrived before half-time.
- Hot stat: Both Spezia and Verona have failed to score a goal between the 76th minute and full-time, while both have also conceded ten in this period.