Bayern Munich – Paris SG Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Bayern Munich – Paris SG Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 8, 2023.
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Kick-off: 21:00 Bayern Munich – Paris SG
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Bayern Munich – Paris SG Prediction and Preview
- This UEFA Champions League (UCL) tie remains wide open after Bayern Munich’s 1-0 win in the first leg, but the equation is fairly simple for Julian Nagelsmann’s men, avoid defeat and the quarter-finals await. Confidence should be high heading into this clash as a pair of league wins ahead of this game kept them in pole position for an 11th consecutive Bundesliga crown, albeit by virtue of a slender goal difference advantage.
- Bayern have been equally as impressive on the European stage this season, with an unblemished seven wins from as many UCL games this term representing their best showing at this stage since lifting the trophy back in 2019/20, when they defeated Paris Saint-Germain in the final! The Bavarian giants can’t rest on their laurels though, with a perfectly split H2H record against PSG (W6, L6) indicating this tie is far from over.
- Christophe Galtier’s Parisians have responded in fine fashion since the first-leg defeat, scoring 11 times in three Ligue 1 games (W3) to pull eight points clear at the top. It was criminal charges against PSG and Morocco full-back Achraf Hakimi that dominated the headlines during the week, but with the club’s full backing he will feature here given that the game is not on French soil.
- PSG can certainly take heart from their impressive return of five progressions from six overall knockout ties against German opponents, but that perhaps doesn’t tell the full story of the size of task that awaits them. Galtier’s men have been eliminated in four of their last six round of 16 ties and they’ve only ever come back from a first-leg deficit to progress once in 19 such UCL ties, although if it’s omens you’re looking for, that one time was against German opposition in the shape of Borussia Dortmund in 2019/20.
- Players to watch: Bayern’s Thomas Müller became only the second player after Robert Lewandowski to make 300 Bundesliga goal contributions with an assist at the weekend (G141, A159). Without the services of Neymar, PSG’s attacking onus will likely fall upon Kylian Mbappé, who could become the first player to score in three consecutive UCL visits to the Allianz Arena with another goal here.
- Hot stat: In UCL knockout ties, PSG went on to lose the second leg in each of the six prior occasions they lost the first leg at home.