AS Roma – Real Sociedad Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EUROPA LEAGUE: AS Roma – Real Sociedad Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 9, 2023.
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Kick-off: 18:45 AS Roma – Real Sociedad
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WIN!!!
AS Roma – Real Sociedad Prediction and Preview
- A hard-fought 1-0 win over Juventus on Sunday helped Roma solidify their spot in the Serie A (SA) top-four, but the focus now quickly shifts to the UEFA Europa League (UEL). Three wins from their last four competitive matches (L1) serves as ideal preparation for a first-ever competitive meeting against Real Sociedad and the Giallorossi may have to lean heavily upon that form considering they have won only one of their last ten UEFA matches against Spanish clubs (D2, L7).
- Given José Mourinho’s side have been near-impregnable at home, winning seven of their last eight matches at Stadio Olimpico (L1) in all competitions, hopes will likely be raised of ending that Spanish curse. A mere two losses across their last 33 home matches in UEFA competition (W24, D7) should reinforce that belief, although the fact both those defeats came against Spanish opponents does raise some doubts over their credentials.
- Sociedad won’t roll over easily as they go in search of a spot in a European quarter-final for the first time in 34 years, but with the White and Blue travelling on the back of an indifferent seven-game run (W1, D3, L3), few know what to expect. That included a goalless draw against Cádiz on Friday, but Sociedad had no such issues in the group stage considering they were the only team to win their first five UEL group games this season!
- That included three away wins on the trot, which now affords Sociedad the chance to become just the third team to win four consecutive UEL matches on their travels. That will likely require an improvement on their recent away form though, as the visitors have won just one of their last four competitive away games (D1, L2), alarmingly failing to score on three occasions.
- Players to watch: A man for home comforts, Paulo Dybala will fancy his chances of finding the net having scored his last three UEL goals at this venue. Sociedad will hope lucky charm Alexander Sørloth can net a goal of his own, as his last 11 goal-scoring appearances in all club competitions have come in wins!
- Hot stat: Mourinho has won 15 of his last 17 UEL matches at home venues (D1, L1) but the two exceptions have come against Spanish clubs.