Monza – Cremonese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Monza – Cremonese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 18, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 15:00 Monza – Cremonese
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Monza – Cremonese Prediction and Preview
- Two newcomers to this Serie A (SA) campaign will battle it out this weekend, with last season’s Serie B playoff winners Monza in a better shape than the directly promoted Cremonese. With only two losses across their last 12 league games (W5, D5), Raffaele Palladino’s side are 14 points above the relegation zone and five points behind seventh-placed Juventus – who are in a possible European spot. While that would be as much a surprise as owner Silvio Berlusconi’s claim to “aim for the league title next season”, there’s no doubt that Monza earned that right to dream.
- The home record gives more wings having lost only once since last November at Brianteo (W3, D3). Early afternoon kick-offs have spurred Monza in this league campaign as they remain unbeaten at home in such matches (W5, D1) as they look to complete a season H2H double after winning the reverse fixture 3-2.
- Cremonese lost 2-0 to Fiorentina last weekend and remain tied on points with bottom-placed Sampdoria. With only a single win from their 26 league games (D9, L16), alongside the historical burden of the previous eight teams to have at most one victory at this stage getting relegated at the end of the season, manager Davide Ballardini urged his side to find “motivation” and give their best.
- That could start with finding a way to stop the goals heading into their own net (48), where they currently head the wrong end of the table. Despite that, Cremonese have proven themselves to be a tough nut to crack on the road, drawing six of their last ten away league matches (L4) and another battling point may give them hope during the international break of a dream escape from relegation.
- Players to watch: Monza’s Gianluca Caprari had an eventful reverse H2H scoring a goal in each half sandwiched by a yellow card. The scorer of Cremonese’s last goal in that game, Cyriel Dressers, has five SA goals coming via ten shots on target this season.
- Hot stat: Cremonese have conceded 11 goals from set pieces, a league-high at the end of last round.