Sampdoria – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Sampdoria – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 19, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 12:30 Sampdoria – Verona
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Sampdoria – Verona Prediction and Preview
- Coach Dejan Stanković fumed “they deserve better” as a controversial goal when the scores were level at 2-2 defined Sampdoria’s loss to Juventus last matchday, leaving them winless in 11 matches (D3, L8). Stuck to the bottom of Serie A (SA) table and 12 points adrift of safety ahead of the round, this match against fellow relegation battlers Verona in a ‘relegation six-pointer’ could be their last hope of salvaging their 11-season top-flight stay.
- No team in the division has scored fewer goals than La Samp, a record underlined by a return of one goal across nine home league games. Sampdoria are winless on their own turf in this SA campaign (D4, L9), but their search for a maiden victory may have hit a jackpot though, as the Blucerchiati have won their last five league meetings against Verona at Stadio Luigi Ferraris, each time scoring 2+ goals.
- Verona’s quest for an away SA H2H win takes them back to December 1972 when their current manager Marco Zaffaroni was still a toddler! He now looks to end that drought and land the club’s first ever SA H2H double against Sampdoria, having won the reverse fixture 2-1. The visitors are seven points above Sampdoria and with 74% of their seasonal points collected in 2023 (W3, D5, L3) they carry much better recent form than their hosts into this game.
- The improvements have come at home though with Verona remaining winless on the road in all competitions this season (D5, L7), although three of those draws have come in this calendar year. Goals remain sparse with the visitors failing to score in three of their last four away games, but that may change as they have netted in the last seven H2Hs.
- Players to watch: Filip Đuričić scored Sampdoria’s last goal and has been heavily involved against Verona in his last five H2Hs (G3, A1, YC3). Likewise, Simone Verdi netted Verona’s latest strike and loves playing Sampdoria, keeping himself busy across his last 11 SA H2Hs (G4, A3, YC1).
- Hot stat: Verona have scored just once after the 60th minute in SA this season, but have conceded 45% of their goals beyond this period.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP