G.A. Eagles – Ajax Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: G.A. Eagles – Ajax Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 2, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 11:15 G.A. Eagles – Ajax
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
G.A. Eagles – Ajax Prediction and Preview
- After just two competitive fixtures in March and almost a month and a half elapsing since their last home outing, being back out on the pitch will be an almost unfamiliar feeling for Go Ahead Eagles’ playing and coaching squads. Their three away fixtures prior to the international break all produced mixed results (W1, D1, L1) and no shortage of entertainment with both teams scoring on the day.
- The internationals will be out of the way and the weather forecasts look favourable, so there should be nothing left in the way of the Deventer side taking to the pitch for the early Sunday kickoff. René Hake’s men have collected 29 points from their 25 matches and should feel quite safe now in 11th place with a make-up game against RKC Waalwijk still to play. Playing five of their nine final Eredivisie games at home should be particularly handy as only AZ Alkmaar managed to take all three points away from any of the Eagles’ last nine league home fixtures (W4, D4, L1).
- A great portion of the Ajax Amsterdam playing squad would have not lost any kind of playing rhythm after their involvement in the international break. Of the 11 players to have started the recent Classic against Feyenoord, nine left Holland to play for their respective countries: Geronimo Rulli (zero playing minutes), Jorge Sánchez (78 minutes), Jurriën Timber (90), Calvin Bassey (90), Steven Berghuis (111), Edson Álvarez (90), Kenneth Taylor (32), Mohammed Kudus (160) and Dušan Tadić (159).
- With eight regular season games remaining, Ajax’s focus may now turn from a title run to securing their place in the next UEFA Champions League after their loss to Feyenoord put them six points behind the top. They still have two paths open to silverware with a KNVB Cup meeting with Feyenoord also awaiting alongside some difficult league clashes with four top-seven opponents.
- Players to watch: Midfielder Willum Willumsson (G5, A2) was Go Ahead Eagles’ winner away to Utrecht and has been the club’s good luck charm, winning each of his last three Eredivisie appearances. Meanwhile, Ajax captain Dušan Tadić (G8, A15) has amassed four goals and five assists across his last nine games for club or country.
- Hot stat: Go Ahead Eagles have not lost any of their last three competitive games against Ajax (W1, D2).