Manchester Utd – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester Utd – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 5, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 7
Kick-off: 20:00 Manchester Utd – Brentford
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Manchester Utd – Brentford Prediction and Preview
- “They wanted to win more” was the damning verdict of Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag after his side’s 2-0 defeat to top-four rivals Newcastle on their return to Premier League (PL) action. Despite a treble of cup triumphs still being on the cards, the Dutchman is bound to be concerned with his side’s league form, as the Red Devils are now without a win or goal in three PL matches (D1, L2) – a run that’s seen them drop out of the top-four altogether.
- United haven’t failed to score in four consecutive matches in the PL era, so a return to Old Trafford is a welcome sight as they look to avoid that bit of unwanted history. Ten Hag’s men are unbeaten on home soil in all competitions since September (W19, D3), while no side in the division has conceded fewer than their eight PL home goals this season, boosting belief that a change in fortunes could be on the horizon.
- Visiting Brentford travel north bruised, as the Bees squandered the lead three times in a pulsating 3-3 draw with Brighton last time out. Boss Thomas Frank admitted “you hope for more” in the circumstances, but despite Saturday’s collapse, his side remain a tough nut to crack having lost just once in the PL since October (W7, D8).
- That stellar run of form leaves them inside the top-seven and on course for a European appearance, an achievement that would’ve been beyond the wildest dreams of even their most optimistic fans in just their second season in the PL. If those dreams are to become reality, improving on the road would likely go some way to making that happen as the Bees have won just one of their PL away games in 2023 (D3, L1).
- Key battle: United playmaker Bruno Fernandes directly contributed to three goals across two H2Hs with Brentford last term (G1, A2), whilst each of his last three goals have come at Old Trafford. He’ll be dueling with Brentford dynamo Mathias Jensen, who scored in the Bees’ 4-0 rout of United in this season’s reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Man Utd have scored 16 of their 24 PL home goals this season after half-time.