Millwall – Luton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Millwall – Luton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 7, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 40
Kick-off: 12:30 Millwall – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Millwall – Luton Prediction and Preview
- Good Friday’s Championship action gets underway with a potentially pivotal clash between two promotion rivals that may have far-reaching consequences. Should Millwall win or draw against Luton, they’d not only boost their own play-off hopes but also set up the chance for Burnley to seal promotion to the Premier League with a win at Middlesbrough in the late game.
- If the Lions are to set up such a scenario they’ll have to end their run of over three hours without scoring a goal, although they put in “a really good performance” in their 0-0 draw with WBA last time out according to boss Gary Rowett. Returning to The Den could provide a much needed boost for Millwall, who despite winning just one of their last four games here (D1, L2) have not lost consecutive home league games since 2020/21.
- If anyone can put an end to Millwall’s home sequence, it could very well be Luton, who are currently unbeaten in their last seven league games (W5, D2) as they continue to stalk the automatic promotion places. Manager Rob Edwards was elated after his side defeated his former club and bitter rivals Watford 2-0 last time out, stating that he got “emotional at the end” due to their outstanding team performance.
- Their unbeaten league run is even longer on the road (W5, D3) and the enormity of that achievement cannot be overstated, as only once in club history have the Hatters put together a longer away unbeaten run in the second-tier, and that was way back in 1981! Don’t be put off by Luton’s underdog status either, as they boast a 69% unbeaten rate as pre-match outsiders in league action this season (W7, D4, L5).
- Players to watch: Millwall’s top-scorer Tom Bradshaw loves facing the Hatters, notching five goal contributions in as many personal H2Hs (G4, A1 – W1, D4). As for Luton, club top-scorer Carlton Morris has incredibly netted the match opener in 13 of his 14 scoring appearances this season.
- Hot stat: Luton’s last eight league wins have all come without reply, and they’ve kept a joint league-high 17 clean sheets this season.