Twente – Cambuur Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Twente – Cambuur Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 9, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 28
Kick-off: 11:15 Twente – Cambuur
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Twente – Cambuur Prediction and Preview
- In Enschede this Sunday, the very long farewell tour of departing FC Twente manager Ron Jans continues. Given the makeup of the Eredivisie standings going into the weekend, it appears inevitable that Twente will be finishing the season somewhere between fifth and eighth regardless of what happens in the run-in. They’ll approach the end of the season with a manager that has a wealth of experience in the playoffs for European football.
- On paper, one of the simplest hurdles of this triumphant march should be this home against SC Cambuur, who have fallen to dead last on the table. The hosts have recovered after a stumble during the winter and are now on a four-game unbeaten run in league football (W2, D2). Playing four of their last seven Eredivisie games in their own Grolsch Veste should serve them well at the back end of the season, particularly as they are averaging a very strong 2.54 points per game at home compared with just 1.07ppg on the road.
- For SC Cambuur, one of the only things that remain in order this season is the construction of their new stadium. Whether the team from Leeuwarden opens the gates of the new venue for the first time as a top-flight club remains to be seen, but it looks increasingly doubtful. Five losses from their last six games has opened up an eight-point gap to safety with just seven games remaining to close it down.
- In their home game in early March against Go Ahead Eagles, Cambuur looked to have hit their straps. But they have since endured three defeats and 11 goals conceding. The two most recent were especially hurtful: being defeated by relegation rivals Excelsior Rotterdam (4-1) and Emmen (2-1) would have demolished their confidence in addition to the pain felt on the standings. Only a miracle now, it seems, can save Sjors Ultee’s side from crashing down into the Eerste Divisie.
- Players to watch: For FC Twente fans, their eyes will be trained on Václav Černý (G9, A6) now that Manfred Ugalde is struggling with a knee injury. Černý was the creator of the most recent hit not scored by Ugalde. At SC Cambuur, Mitchel Paulissen (G2) gave hope last weekend with the opening goal, but his team was left empty-handed afterwards.
- Hot streak: FC Twente have not lost any of their last ten home games against Cambuur in all competitions (W7, G3).