Huddersfield – Blackburn Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Huddersfield – Blackburn Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 9, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 41
Kick-off: 12:30 Huddersfield – Blackburn
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!!
Huddersfield – Blackburn Prediction and Preview
- Neil Warnock may be en route to masterminding Huddersfield’s resurrection, but he has warned against any drop in standards this Easter Monday as they continue their pursuit of Championship safety. The Terriers moved out of the relegation zone for the first time since August by beating Watford 3-2 on Good Friday, but although delighted, Warnock was keen to remind his squad “there’s a lot of hard work still to come.”
- The 74-year-old has already performed miracles since returning to take over the West Yorkshire club that looked dead and buried before he arrived in February. They are now seeking a fourth straight win, something Huddersfield have not achieved since the back end of last season, while also hoping to extend a run of just one defeat in their last six home matches (W2, D3).
- Blackburn Rovers have not been successful at the John Smith’s Stadium since 2014 (D3, L3), which might give the hosts added confidence that they can extend their good recent form. That does not bode well for the Lancashire outfit, who have lost six of their last 11 league games on their travels (W2, D3), with three of those defeats coming to sides currently in the bottom half of the table.
- That form, coupled with a damaging 2-0 defeat to Norwich City on Good Friday, means Jon Dahl Tomasson’s side are clinging on to a play-off place as they seek a return to the Premier League after an 11-year absence. The boss insists he is still “surprised” that they are chasing a top-six finish, but needs his side to be more clinical if they are to extend their season after failing to score in their last two outings.
- Key battle: Huddersfield skipper Jonathan Hogg will be hoping to improve his record of just two wins from ten meetings with Blackburn (D4, L4). He’ll be trying to help thwart forward Ben Brereton Díaz who has scored half of Blackburn’s last six league goals.
- Hot stat: Blackburn have only rescued one point after conceding the first goal in the Championship this season, losing 14 times (D1).